Launch date for the next major Call of Duty game, Modern Warfare 2, is planned for October 28. Digital preorders of Modern Warfare 2 will get early access to the Campaign and Open Bera, among other bonuses.
If you preorder the game, you may begin playing the single-player Campaign on October 20, a full week before the game’s official release. The Campaign is comprised of several tasks that will take you throughout the world.
There will be missions set throughout Europe, Asia, and the Americas in this Campaign. According to Activision, “offshore sieges featuring underwater fighting, all-out explosive assaults from 30,000 feet above enemy strongholds, and high-stakes, low-profile stealth operations in both plain sight and beneath the darkness” are all part of the Modern Warfare II Campaign.
Standard Edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Avail perks when you pre-order
You will get the following when you pre-order the game:
- Access to the entire Modern Warfare II campaign up to a week early, beginning on October 20. On October 28th, full game access will be granted.
- Open Beta Access Ahead of Schedule (Launch Date(s) and Platform Availability of MP Beta Are Subject to Change)
- You may get the legendary “Deathknell” Operator Skin and the legendary “Bloodthirsty” Weapon Blueprint in the Final Judgment Bundle, both of which can be used in Vanguard and Warzone right now. To get the Final Judgement Bundle, you must preorder Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on a supported platform. It’s not included and must be purchased or downloaded alone.
- Vault Edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Pre-order Bonuses
The Vault Edition of the game comes with the following extras in addition to everything already included:
- Red Team 141 consists of four Multiplayer Operators named Ghost, Farah, Price, and Soap, all of whom may be played during the Open Beta while wearing a unique mask.
- There will be additional information regarding the FJX Cinder Weapon Vault and the new Gunsmith, both of which will be playable in the Open Beta, during the Call of Duty: Next event on September 15.
- If you buy the Vault Edition after Season One has ended, you will get a free Battle Pass and 50 Tier Skips for the current season instead. Once the Season 1 Battle Pass or a suitable replacement is implemented in Modern Warfare 2, players will be able to purchase Battle Pass and Tier Skips. “Battle Pass redemption is only valid for one season of Modern Warfare 2 Battle Pass or a comparable system,” the game’s developer and publisher said in a press release.
- After preordering, you’ll have access to the Ghost Legacy Pack, which contains over twenty cosmetic items for Modern Warfare (2019) and Warzone that honour the Task Force 141 insignia.
- The Ghost Legacy Pack may only be redeemed by owners of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare or Call of Duty: Warzone. It’s not included and must be purchased or downloaded alone. Until October 28, 2023, you can’t get your hands on the pack. Customers that pre-order may expect to obtain Ghost Legacy Pack bonuses when they become available. Unfortunately, neither Modern Warfare (2019) nor Warzone are yet accessible on Steam.